The main tasks of district administrations are:
- work with different categories of citizens, strengthening and developing of the social sphere, creating living and recreational conditions for citizens.
- improvement of forms and methods of control over the work of municipal housing and communal services of the district on the issues of maintaining the municipal housing stock, improvement, gardening, engineering support, repair and construction of housing, utilities.
- raising of the living standard of the persons in need through the implementation of the unified social policy for each district.
- coordination of the activities of cultural, educational, sports and other organizations that organize recreation and leisure activities for the population of the district.
In accordance with the tasks of the district administration, there are the following functions:
- Authority in planning, finance and accounting.
- Authority in the field of housing and communal services.
- Authority in the field of social and economic development, trade and consumer services.
- Authority in the use of land, nature protection.
- Authority in the field of social and cultural services for the population.
- Authority in the field of social protection of the population
- Authority in the field of youth policy.
- Authority in the field of training of the population of the districts.
- Authority in the field of ensuring legality, law and order, protection of citizens' rights and freedoms.
Dispatching and control